Photonics Industries International, Inc. is currently seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our successful team. Immediate employment opportunities are available in the following positions:
Fiber Laser Engineer:
- Responsibilities: We are looking for a Fiber Laser Engineer to join our Research and Development Department. The ideal candidate will contribute to the optical design of ultrafast fiber-based laser systems.
- Requirements: · 3+ years hands-on experience building fs-fiber laser systems in a production environment. Model and design high power fiber laser system, and validate models through comprehensive experimentation and data analysis. Knowledge of fiber laser technology, laser and optical design and modeling, optical components and materials from UV to IR, and optical metrology and measurement equipment. Familiarity with diffraction gratings, polarization optics, reflective optics, beam telescoping, and general laser principles. Experience with ultrafast laser diagnostic equipment. Experience with assembly, alignment, and troubleshooting of lasers and complicated optical setups. Excellent understanding of the interplay of structural, optical, and thermal design features on system performance.
Laser Engineer I:
- Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be joining one of two groups: manufacturing group or R&D group. The manufacturing group is responsible for solid-state laser based manufacturing, and manufacture engineering including standard, as well as customized laser products; the R&D group is responsible for new product development, as well as existing product improvement.
- Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor degree in Physics. Experience with lasers is preferred, but we are willing to train the most motivated Bachelor Degree candidates. US Citizens preferred.
Laser Engineering Intern:
- Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be joining one of two groups: manufacturing group or R&D group. The manufacturing group is responsible for solid-state laser based manufacturing, and manufacture engineering including standard, as well as customized laser products; the R&D group is responsible for new product development, as well as existing product improvement. The assignment is full or part time (~10- to 40/hrs) week for several months.
- Requirements: The candidate will possess or be working toward a Bachelors Degree in an optics/lasers or related technical field. Experience/interest in lasers or physics is preferred, but we are willing to train most motivated candidates. US Citizens preferred.
- Responsibilities: Electronics testing and calibration. Trouble shooting electronic assemblies. Adhere to assembly procedures and safety guidelines at all times. Building or modifying electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies. The candidate will work with our Electrical Engineering department in building prototype equipment, modifying and upgrading existing units, and troubleshooting new and existing designs
- Requirements: Must be mechanically inclined, able to work with small parts and assemblies with the ability to read schematics and wire diagrams, organized, and detail oriented. AA degree or higher in an electronics related field. Experience with electronic test equipment is preferred, will train motivated candidates. Good hand/eye coordination. Ability to follow directions and work within a group.
- Responsibilities: Attend and complete In-house Laser Technician Training Program. Follow the weekly production schedule as assigned by your manager reporting any anticipated delays or interference that may affect production schedule. Adhere to assembly procedures and safety guidelines at all times. Work within your production group to build lasers from start to finish. Optically align laser systems, crystals and mirrors. Work with chillers, where applicable in building a laser system. Test lasers using laboratory equipment. Document all required data during the build process and after completion. Update specified spreadsheets to compile data and maintain up-to-date procedures. Trouble shooting and diagnosing laser system problems.
- Requirements: Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree in a Science Discipline is preferred but not required. Good hand/eye coordination. Ability to follow directions and work within a group. Manual dexterity with ability to handle small, fragile and costly components. Work in a clean room environment wearing a lab coat, clean room shoes and gloves at all times. Safety glasses when applicable.
- Requirements: Solid foundation in basic electronics and experience working with electrical schematics related to actual PCB layouts. Proficient in electrical system design as well as analog, and digital circuit analysis. Experience in building prototype circuits. Responsible for analysis, design, and troubleshooting of instrument control electronics.
- Minimum Qualifications:B.S. in EE or a related field and 2+ years of industry experience is preferred.
To be considered for a position please complete the form above or email your cover letter and resume to Tina Yin.